Portsmouth Cathedral Choir OUTREACH
Cathedral has just been awarded a major grant to deliver
music outreach to primary schools in Portsmouth,
parts of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Funding from the government
has now come to an end, but we are pleased to have secured some
funding from the Diocese of Portsmouth to continue albeit in a slightly
leaner form and with our partners at Portsmouth Grammar School.
The Cathedral project involves bringing a small team of the Cathedral Choir - typically 5 boys (aged 12-13) and 4 Choral Scholars (altos, tenors and basses aged 19-22) and a choral animateur- into primary schools for a program of inspirational singing, group vocal sessions and an opportunity to gather at the cathedral at the end of the school term for a massed concert of children involved in the term's sessions. ALL EXPENSES (INCLUDING TRAVEL TO THE CATHEDRAL FOR THE FINAL SESSION) ARE COVERED - SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SIGN UP! If you would like a visit from the Cathedral Musicians please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
- We can help you develop singing and choirs in your school.
- Free support by a music adviser or choral animateur
- A music leader to work weekly in your school for a term
- A visit to your school by Portsmouth Cathedral Choristers to sing with your children
- Support by student teachers specialising in performing arts
- A curriculum unit on voice and singing (science/music/English)
- Competitions for children
- Opportunities for children to join one of our junior choirs
- Your school could take part in a primary schools concert in Portsmouth Cathedral
- Contact us if you are interested in these amazing free opportunities!
Two recent outreach trips......
Schools' Association Outreach Project
The Chorister Outreach Programme, part of Sing Up The Government's National Singing Programe
Think about the things that
are true and honourable and right and
pure and beautiful and respected…And the God who gives peace will be